Bob Maloubier - SOE agent : Limoges 2012

Rédigé par Alain dans la rubrique Lieu de mémoirePortrait

Last week I had the honour of travelling down to Limoges and taking part in the 68th commemoration of the Liberation of Limoges. An occasion made all the more special by the fact that Bob Maloubier, one of only two 'F' section SOE agents still alive was there to make a speech.
 


Bob, now aged 89, is looking incredibly well and is such a character, he made my visit to Limoges one that I shall not forget. He told me that he'd been contacted by The Times the week before about his obituary. They said that they had it all written up and ready, he replied could you possibly delay it for as long as possible !

Here are some photos of Bob taken during the commemoration and a photo outside the radio station the following day. I have also included a film that I took of his discours given in front of the Monument aux morts at Limoges, it's the first I have taken so please excuse the fact that it's filmed at the wrong angle !

In the middle, looking as dapper as ever Bob Maloubier
Bob at the inauguration of la rue Thérèse Menot
Bob and me
Bob giving his speech at the Monuments aux morts
Bob Maloubier presenting a wreath
Bob thanking all the flag bearers


Bob being filmed by the regional t.v. station France 3 Limousin Poitou-Charentes
 For more info
  • Bob Maloubier - The amazing story (link)
  • FR3 Limousin (link n°1, link n°2)
  • Libération de Limoges : commémoration 2012 (link)